- Longmeadow Transition Group, Family Bike of East Longmeadow host third annual bike sale
22 April 2015 @ 10:00 am
Participants can either buy or sell something at the sale itself. Or, they can receive 85 percent of the sale of their items in cash, or get store credit at Family Bike in the amount of 100 percent of their sale.
- Baystate Health Franklin Medical Center and Link to Libraries unite for Books for Babies literacy effort
22 April 2015 @ 5:06 am
Every newborn and parent at Franklin Medical Center will receive a tote bag with one new baby's board book, dietary information from Big Y, as well as information from the Irene and George Davis Foundation about the importance of literacy
- Judge rules manslaughter charge stands in case where furniture from truck resulted in I-91 death of Skyler Anderson-Coughlin
20 April 2015 @ 1:06 pm
A Hampden Superior Court judge has ruled a manslaughter charge should not be dismissed against Rafael Perez Jr. in a case where furniture fallen on the highway led to crash death.
- Fund drive started to aid family of Gregory Asher, killed in Westhampton motorcycle crash
20 April 2015 @ 11:09 am
A fund to benefit the Asher family has been launched on GoFundMe.com
- Massachusetts communities already spending casino cash
20 April 2015 @ 9:30 am
Fifteen communities have received roughly $5 million from the state's three licensed casino operators as part of compensation agreements negotiated with the companies.
- Boston Marathon 2015: Southie residents - natives of Longmeadow - run for Ellie Fund
19 April 2015 @ 6:30 am
Chris Doney, 30, and Jeff Harrelson, 29, Longmeadow natives and childhood friends who currently live in South Boston, will run in the 119th Boston Marathon on Monday for the Ellie Fund.
- Senior notes for East Longmeadow, Enfield, Longmeadow, Somers, Springfield and Suffield - April 22, 2015
17 April 2015 @ 6:10 pm
senior notes for East Longmeadow, Enfield, Longmeadow, Somers, Springfield, Suffield
- Longmeadow: Center Elementary School principal shares transition plans for 70 students who could be moved from Blueberry Hill
17 April 2015 @ 2:07 pm
Principal Donna Hutton's proposal includes an open house event during which transplanted Blueberry Hill families could tour Center and meet faculty member, bringing in prospective new students to tour the school this spring and developing a buddy system between schools.
- Longmeadow Superintendent Marie Doyle grilled over lack of transparency in redistricting process
17 April 2015 @ 12:52 pm
Doyle formulated the first of three proposed plans behind closed doors, and didn't consult the enrollment committee until a letter was sent out to parents in February explaining possible redistricting options.
- 2015 Western Mass. spring/summer road races: Your guide to weekly series
17 April 2015 @ 12:24 pm
Your guide to weekly road races in Holyoke, Northampton, Springfield and Westfield.
Apr 27 2015