The Pioneer Valley boasts one of the highest concentrations of artists and craftspeople in the United States. This, in combination with the colleges and universities in the area, means there are several world-class museums displaying fine arts and crafts from the prehistoric to modern times, world-renowned art festivals and galleries promoting the works of local artisans and artists.
If you have anything to say about any of the listings (or a new one to add) please post a comment. If you have enough to say, I’ll use your comment as the basis for a new page within this section.
- Mead Art Museum (Amherst)
- Smith College Museum of Art – Free admission the 2nd Friday of each month, 4-8 pm (Northampton)
- Mount Holyoke College Art Museum (South Hadley)
- UMASS Fine Arts Center (Amherst)
- University Gallery at UMASS (Amherst)
- Artwalk Easthampton – The second Saturday of each month, 5-8pm (Easthampton)